Permission numbers are to be given out by faculty/department chairs, or their designees only. Permission numbers are valid only up until the add/drop date. Students must use the permission number to register for a course in SiS before the add/drop deadline.
To obtain a permission number for a student:
- Log into SIS using your uml.edu email and password
- Click on Faculty Center, and then My Schedule. Make sure you are looking at the My Schedule page for the correct semester.
- To the left of your course you will see a few icons. One is to view the Grade Roster, and the other to view the Permission List. Click on the RED permission list button directly to the left of your course number
- The Permissions Available section shows unused permission numbers
- The Permissions Assigned section shows permission numbers that have been used and the name of the student who used it