Note: In order to copy course content in Blackboard, a user must be the Instructor in both the source course and the destination course.
- Begin in the course that has the content you want to copy. You'll be initiating the course copy from here rather than from your new Blackboard course.
- Under Course Management on left-hand menu, click Packages and Utilities to expand the options.
- Click on Course Copy.
- Under Select Copy Type, choose Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course.
- Under Destination Course ID, click Browse and browse for the course you want to copy the content into.
- Under Course Materials, click Select All.
- Uncheck Announcements - most faculty will not want to bring over old announcements.
- Under Discussion Board, choose Only Forums, no starter posts.
- Under File Attachments, keep the default option Copy links and copies of the content.
- Do not change any other default options.
- Click Submit. You will get an email notification when the content has been copied (usually about 1 minute later).
- After you receive the notification, access the newly populated course and ensure everything is as it should be.
After the course copy is a success, make sure you are always aware of which shell you are in before you make any changes. For example, if you just copied course content from a live Summer 2022 class, and you want to start prepping your Fall 2022 shell, be sure you aren't accidentally making changes to the live Summer 2022 class.
For a demonstration of the steps, view the video below. If you need assistance, please contact any of the Online Learning team directly, or email firstname.lastname@example.org